Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Roller Coaster of Campaigns

Never before has there been such a roller coaster in the presidential campaigns.
A candidate is up...next week he or she is down. Two days later they are up again.
This election is probably the most important one in my lifetime. For me anyway.
I feel like I am personally invested in who becomes the next president more so than I ever have felt. The biggest reason is that my son ...my beloved son, is in the Air Force. I am very concerned about who will be his Commander in Chief.
My oldest son was in the army during the Clinton years. I can tell you from personal experience that the military or their families were not treated well. They were paid poverty level wages working what comprised the hours of two jobs. Families were treated like non-entities. We did not matter. When George Bush took office, all of that changed. Military wages went up. Families were treated with respect and concern.
This is MY personal experience. There was a big difference. I do not want my second son to have to go back to living in the conditions that were during Clinton, especially in the world we live in at present. We need the Commander in Chief to be a leader, strong willed, and a military supporter. They cannot be afraid to be supportive of the military or appear to be tentative. I am not saying they have to be a war-monger. Just that they should not be afraid of confrontation or action that might be necessary. At the same time they need to have a level head, be analytical, be pro-active, be someone who can reach across the board and command respect.
We live in a topsy turvy world. When did that happen? What used to be right, is now considered wrong. What used to be oh so wrong, is now considered politically correct.
I just don't get it.
The good news is that we all have a voice. The not so good news is that there are those that do not educate themselves before they use that voice. Liberty and freedom comes with responsibility. Lets not forget that.
I am a Fred Thompson supporter. I like Fred. I like his laid back manner. At the same time I like his strong presence and command of respect. Please go to Fred08.com
You just might learn something. The good news for me is that I think you will. And then you will become an educated voice. I hope you use it responsibly.
God bless us one and all.
And please God bless our fine men and women in the military.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home