Wednesday, April 18, 2007

As sadness fills the air

Hello old friends...once again we are filled with sadness as we are inundated with the news of Virginia Tech and the horror at what befell the campus of this esteemed university.
Once again everyone begins to point fingers...find fault...judge...
It amazes me that those that are being judged are at the center of this vortex of inhumanity.
What is wrong with us that we can't take a moment to grieve...to be sympathetic...to feel the humanity? What is going on with this world...this country...OUR people that we can't even honor the dead and the wounded for a full 24 hours before the fangs come out and we begin to tear apart those that did not cause this horrendous event? It reminds me of a school yard full of 5 year olds who do not know better..who taunt with ..see see see ...finger point...finger point...you did it ...you did it....
Sighs....
At a time when we should stand shoulder to shoulder ..gathering strength and sharing it with those most in need at the moment...we are instead standing back to back...or in each others faces ....shakes my head.
The good news is that there is time for all the debates and investigations and deliberations...and fault errrr I mean fact finding to go on after we have buried the dead and honored them.
I am turning off the television now and falling to my knees and praying that God gives the people strength and faith to get through this mind boggling event. I am going to pray for those who were killed senselessly...I am going to pray for their families and their friends and their peers. I am going to pray for the students and the teachers and the administration. I am going to pray for the killers family.. Then I am going to pray for the rest of us ..that we may find grace and understanding ...wisdom and sympathy.
The very good news is that if we look hard enough it already lies within us all.

A final thought...I just heard Martina McBride sing this song and found it very appropriate for this time. Thank you Martina for such a beautiful song. Another good news ...that there are artists like you.
Here are the beautiful words...I hope everyone can embrace them.

ANYWAY

You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might never come your way
Dream it anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea - sing it anyway
I sing
I dream
I love
Anyway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home