Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A Letter...and a bit of new perspective

I promise I wont keep posting about the election. This is just too important to allow it to pass by. By now, if you've read my ramblings at all, you know that I am a big fan of Iraq the Model blogspot. Written by three brothers... Mohammed,Omar and Ali...it provides a different perspective of Iraq. Go there...read it...learn...and understand.
I came across their site one day quite by accident. I am an addicted internet surfer. I love to read and the internet provides me with all kinds of interesting and diverse topics to indulge in. I have told my kids that reading material is like food to me. Reading newspapers or magazines are like fast food...sometimes, necessary, sometimes good, all the time a quick fix. Reading a long and massive novel, is like a seven course meal at a five star restaurant...it takes a long time, is made to be savored, and most times is an enjoyable and memorable event. Internet reading for me has become like a home cooked meal...can be a quick thrown together repast, or a slow cooked feast, either way, is usually satisfying and fulfilling. And I more often than not come away feeling like I fed my brain and learned something new. So one day on my internet reading journey, I was delighted to find
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/
It became more than just the usual internet reading fare for me though. It moved into the category of fine dining. After reading the first and latest post, I went back to the beginning and read it all. It took me awhile, days and days in fact.
I savored it, I digested the information, I embraced the new perspective and the knowledge and understanding I gained. And I stepped into new territory of a new cultural taste experience. It was addicting. Its now become home cooking as I have added it to my daily sustenance of reading. Today I went to see what the brothers had to say about Fallujah and what is now happening in their country. They didnt disappoint. Their sharing of the events and emotions and the hopes and dreams that they have are inspiring. Today I found this letter to our re-elected president.

In the name of God,
Sir, President George W Bush, President of the United States of America.
On behalf of the families of the victims of the mass graves, on behalf of the martyrs of “Halabja” and “Anfal” and on behalf of all the Iraqis that you liberated from dictatorship and oppression; we have prayed for you and now we want to send you our congratulations on being reelected as a president of the United States.
Mr. President, we’d love to congratulate you and the people of the United States on the beginning of a new phase of democracy, freedom and prosperity and we wish you and the American people the best, as they have led the liberation of Iraq and sacrificed their sons and daughters for the freedom of the Iraqis; the historical achievement that the United States has accomplished together with the other liberating countries.
The United States and the coalition, among all other nations were the ones who recognized the suffering of the Iraqi people and saved them from a regime that was more lethal and more destructive than any weapons of mass destruction. A regime that murdered, slaughtered and enslaved Iraqis for long, dark decades, denied them their freedom and their right to live a decent life until God inspired you and helped you to rescue us, liberate our country and put us on the road of freedom and democracy.
Mr. President, we-the Iraqis-are on your side and we’ll keep supporting and blessing your efforts in eradicating terrorism inside and outside Iraq and all those who carried weapons against the liberating coalition forces and the new Iraqi police, hunting down the criminals who murder innocent civilians, whether Iraqi or American civilians.
We-the Iraqis- are determined to establish democracy and freedom in our country starting with general elections that exclude no one whether inside or outside Iraq. These elections would lead us to a democratic Iraq and we wish that you could help focusing on the role of the Iraqis outside Iraq and make use of their qualifications in the reconstruction process.
We also want to emphasize the necessity of establishing an international legislation that incriminates the Ba’athists, terrorists, fanatic salafis and all the parties, and governments that support them, not forgetting the media that promote the ideology of killing and terrorism.
These parties ought to be confronted and fought to achieve peace and stability in Iraq, America and the rest of the world.
We’re also determined to establish a strategic, permanent relationship with our friends; the government and people of the United States to whom we hold the utmost feelings of gratitude, love and friendship for what they have given us and what they’re still offering.
We will be united on the road of freedom and peace and we will always be supportive to all the efforts of America in bringing peace to the region.
In the end, we ask God to guide you and bless all your efforts to do the best for humanity as a whole.

All the glory to the American and Iraqi martyrs
long live America. Long live Iraq, free and allied nations.

Your brothers in the “Iraqi Parliament” voice chat room and in “Sawt Al Iraq” website.

All I can add is wow! thank you!
Once again, there is good news...you just have to know where to look...go feast...
Thank you Mohammed, Omar and Ali. Thank you from this knowledge hungry person, who is humbled by your experiences.
God bless you and the people of Iraq...and may God bless us all.
(if you want to see the original letter in arabic...
http://www.sotaliraq.com/George-W-Bush
its impressive just to see.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home