Friday, April 20, 2007

Where is this in the media??

Somedays it takes longer to find some good news. But I awake with the promise in each new day
that I will find something that will give my spirit an uplift and give me the strength to fight on.
Today I began to think that it wasn't going to happen. With all the news of Virginia Tech floating around, and the media's (in my humble opinion) outrageous decision to air the killer's last words, I have been feeling a bit jaded and angry. Everywhere I looked in the last few days, the great divide seems to be growing. Alot of people I know are beginning to throw their hands up in frustration. But I am stubborn and determined and as in all days...I did find good news.
In fact I smiled while watching this most wonderful display.
Iraqi Boy Scouts....how great is that?
In a country where alot of the fanaticism has been blamed on the way boys are programmed into toting guns and hatred, I see a glimmer of hope. Today I see bright smiling faces, team work and constructive effort. I applaud these kids and the people that brought this opportunity to them. They are the true heroes. Tonight I will show my kids this video. And introduce them
to role models far more worthy of that title. Tonight I will celebrate them and be grateful for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH80g_Mkin0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emudvillegazette%2Ecom%2F

I hope that you smiled too with this bit of good news.
May God bless them and us ...one and all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home