Saturday, September 18, 2004

And the good news in Iraq...shocking isnt it

So much of the news we get from Iraq is horrid, when in truth it isnt all horrid. Now, before you jump on me, I know that a war is not a pretty thing and it is horrid. But we need to hear both sides now.....and besides did you read the title of this blog? I dont care if you are for the war or against the war. Thats not what this is about. And quite frankly, I wont hear you. There are plenty of other blogs where you can go to debate the pros and cons. This is the good news....

I love reading these blogs from Iraq. These voices coming from their country has given me a different perspective of what is happening on a human level. I like the idea of getting some other viewpoint on what is happening there and what can be better than someone who is living it. This was the first one I experienced. http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/ . It defied all the reports I had been reading and seeing here. It acknowledges bad times but gives a deeper and more inclusive narration on what it is like to live under these changing times in Iraq. I went back and read the blog from the day it began and found a history lesson in the telling. I have a better understanding now of the who's who. And a bigger resolve to find harmony in the discord.
Please take some time to read about Mohammed, Ali, and Omar. I am humbled to have been allowed to share their insights.
Heres a site that reaches out for help to aid in Iraq. Should you be so inclined, maybe we can begin to be proactive instead of just giving word play and criticism. Maybe we can start something good.
http://www.spiritofamerica.net/index.html
Thanks and God Bless us all.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home